Preparation: 20 Minutes
Boiling: 15 Minutes
Cooking: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
2 pounds fresh spinach, or 2 packets frozen, chopped
4 oz. paneer, cubed
½ cup milk
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. ghee
to taste salt
2 tbsp. oil
1. Clean the spinach and shred it roughly.
2. Fill a big stockpot with water and place the spinach in it. Add 1/2 tsp salt if desired and set to boil.
3. When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and drain the spinach into a colander. Run cold water over it to cool it.
5. In a food processor, blend the spinach into a smooth puree.
6. Heat the oil. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, and ground coriander. Stir quickly and add the spinach. Stir well.
7. Add the milk and stir in. The spinach will turn light green, and then dark again. If it is very thick, add a little more milk.
8. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Add the paneer and cover again. Let cook for 10 minutes on low heat.