Try this – it’s awesome! We get potatoes in our CSA now, and we got some dill, so I used them for this.
You need: 4-5 medium-sized potatoes ( I prefer red or gold); 2 tbsp butter; 1/4 cup milk; 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill; salt to taste.
1. Boil the potatoes thoroughly. Stick a knife in them. When it goes through all the way with no resistance, it’s done.
2. Using a potato masher, mash a bit.
3. Add the butter. Finishing mashing.
4. Add just enough milk to give it a smooth texture, without making it liquidy.
5. Add salt and dill. Mix well.