Great with lemon rice! Or anything else.
You need: 1 medium tomato, like a Roma; 1.5 cups yogurt; 1 tsp mustard seeds; 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (lal mirch); 4-5 curry leaves; 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro; 1 green chilli; 1 tbsp oil; salt to taste; 1/4 tsp sugar
- Blanch the tomato (place in boiling water) for 15 seconds. Turn off the heat and leave the tomato in the hot water.
- Mix the cayenne, salt, and sugar into the yogurt.
- Run the tomato under cold water and then remove the skin. Discard the skin.
- Mash the tomato well with a fork and mix with the yogurt.
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds.
- When they begin to sputter, add the green chilli and curry leaves.
- When the curry leaves begin to brown, add the cilantro, stir well, and turn off the heat.
- Add this to the yogurt and mix well.