This is adapted from my mother-in-law’s recipe. It’s simple, easy, and scrumptious.
My vegetable stock had a habanero in it. If you are using non-spicy stock, you could add some heat to the cornbread with jalapenos or cayenne pepper.
- Chop the onions and celery into very small pieces (easy in a food processor).
- Sautee them in the butter, first onions then celery. Cook until well done.
- Mix gently with the crumbled cornbread.Use a large fork or your hands.
- Add enough broth to get the desired consistency. I prefer it to be slightly dry. Mix gently again.
- Add salt and pepper, and serve warm.