I’m always game for trying new ways to cook kohlrabi (knol-khol), which I absolutely adore. And then I thought…marry it with dill! A match made in heaven! As you probably gathered, dill is another one of my favorites. Do try it and let me know what you think.
5-6 small kohlrabi; 1 small red onion; 1 tbsp poppyseed (khus-khus); 1/4 cup finely chopped dill; 1 small tomato (red).
- Finely chop the onion and tomato.
- Dice the kohlrabi.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadahi or wok.
- Add the onions. Cook until they are pink and translucent, on medium heat.
- Add the poppyseed and stir well.
- Add the kohlrabi and stir. Then add 1/4 cup water, stir and cover.
- Cook until the kohlrabi is cooked, but not soft (about 10 minutes or less). The easiest way to figure this out is to taste it when it is raw. If it still tastes raw, then it is 🙂
- Turn off the heat. Add salt and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Add the dill and stir again.