For a cough:
- Drink turmeric milk at night. This will also soothe a sore throat. If you are lactose intolerant, you can also make this with soy milk.
- Grate a little ginger so that you have about a teaspoon of ginger juice. Mix it with a teaspoon of honey. Warm it just a little and drink it. It is very soothing.
- Warm 3/4 glass water and add 1 tsp salt. Mix well and gargle with it every night.
- Tulsi tea is very soothing and is a good preventive as well.
For a cold:
- Steam inhalation! Nothing works as well. Heat water in a pan, put it on a stable surface, cover your head with a blanket and inhale! If your throat is sore, inhale through your mouth and exhale through your nose. You can also add a little bit of eucalyptus oil or Vicks Vaporub to the water.
For a mouth ulcer
- Mix one glass water with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Warm lightly – it should not be hot, just warm. Rinse your mouth with the solution, making sure to get it on the sore.
- Ginger. Candied ginger, or mixed with honey as above for a sore throat. It’s very good for you.
- Mint is very helpful for indigestion. Try Pudin Hara, or chew on some fresh mint, or buy some strong mints.
- For acidity, try some candied ginger, milk, or a little yogurt.